Wednesday 24 February 2016

Skywalk Observatory

The Skywalk observatory is on the 50th floor of the Prudential tower (=skyscraper). It's a corridor following the outside of the tower with tall windows, allowing a 360 degrees view of Boston. One of the great things about visiting in February was that I had the place almost to myself: I think I saw 4 other people in addition to the attendants. 

An audioguide gave some explanations of what was in front of each window and its history. Of course, when they speak of the giant fountain that is an empty brick circle in the winter, it's sometimes a bit hard to follow!

They have a few wall panels and games about Boston's history of immigration.
After that nice walk, I went to explore (back down) the temple of temptation called the Cheesecake Factory... Let's just say that Key Lime cheesecake lives up to my expectations.

Yes, that's a golden lobster.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my dear! Its non more Charlie et la cholaterie, but Lily and The Cheesecake factory! Don't say that you did'nt fall ins temptation!
    I am happy to read your blog and that you enjoy your trip!
    Bisous!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete