Friday 26 February 2016

Road trip

I got up at like...3, 4 in the morning to catch the night buses that would drop me at the airport on time for my early flight. I was lucky and the first bus became the second one, so I didn't have to change, and the other passenger told me that fact before I could go down.

We landed early and jean picked me up at the airport to go straight to New Orleans! Well, straight... we had decided to take the Cajun Heritage Trail, which goes in the same direction but by following the beach and crossing pretty places.

So, in America, when you say "picnic" on the beach, you mean "driving on the beach with your car until you find a place you like". Okaay...

Picnic on the beach - the American's way
Oil rigs on the horizon
A very long beach
As you see, the weather was obligingly nice.

Later on,  we stopped because I wanted to see the Spanish moss from closer.

A tree with Spanish moss
Basically, we drove the whole day, stopping wherever we liked, enjoying ourselves and the countryside.

So in a single day I basically crossed the States from North to South (Boston to Houston) and then drove East to New Orleans. Nice, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment