Saturday 20 February 2016

Boston!

Here I am, landed safely in the States!

The logic at the airport is that if there is a big red sign saying EXIT, you shouldn't go that way. If they say "Visitors", you go anyway where they say "US citizens", and you follow "Visa" (not the credit card) even if you don't need one. Everything is logical.

I took the Silver Line, the free bus shuttle that takes you to the paying subway. Of course there is no ticket machine between your shuttle and the right platform, where your train is arriving. Sorry Charlie*. 

So I've cheated my way to my lodgings, I've unpacked my suitcases, and I take my adapter to plug my phone in... and realize it's a UK adapter. I know what I'll shop for first.

So. It's morning now. I got a good night's sleep, I'm having a cup of tea, then I'll go forth for today's adventures!

*Charlie is the nickname of the Boston transport system.

No comments:

Post a Comment