Sunday 28 February 2016

Bayou!

Or the end of the world. The picture are telling.

On the way back to Houston we had agreed to have a short visit of a bayou. I'm not sure that Lake St Martin is precisely a bayou, but the idea is here. We had found a 2-hours guided boat tour that was convenient for us.

So, the pictures...:

The boat

The bayou
The first 'gator
The greenish stuff
More bayou
The second 'gator - a rubber one, there since Thanksgiving, according to the guide
No, this is not the end of the world...
Bayou

More bayou

Look, a 'gator!
Alone
Bird on a branch

The moss, the bare branches, the wind... it feels apocalyptic by moments! But what a view. It was so impressive!

I'll conclude my travel notes here. Back in Houston, on Monday, Jean took me to buy cowboy's boots, to eat barbecue, and he dropped me at the airport on time for my plane back. Let's just say that the unicorn umbrella I brought back with me was a success with the airport counter ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment